Oh Sh!t! I'm 40!




I turned the big 4-0 this week. I've been asked a dozen times "how is it to be middle-aged" and whether or not I'm OK with the passing of another decade? The answer is a definite, I'm alright with it. It hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm sure sooner or later I will have that mid-life crisis, go out and buy a Sebring convertible or whatever, but right now I'm very OK. I'm pretty happy with things so I'm sure that has a lot to do with how I'm feeling.

I had a good week. I took off most of the week from work and spent my birthday grouse hunting with my brother Shawn. We moved a few birds and I was able to bring one home. What more could you ask for. I came home and my kids sang happy birthday, we blew out some candles, I got some hugs and kisses and that was about it. It was pretty good as far as birthdays go.

I was able to fit in another grouse hunt this afternoon. Moved a few birds but it seemed that most of them were young/this year birds that just flew up into the nearest tree once we approached them. I could of brought home a couple but I didn't think that shooting them out of the trees was very sporting so I left them alone. Hopefully they will survive and make some more grouse for us to chase next year. I believe it was another successful week in the life of Brett.


Comments

Popular Posts