October Days in Utah

After watching my beloved Utah Jazz get pummeled by the Phoenix Suns during the first half of their game I decided I'd rather update my blog and watch the second half later on the dvr. That way I can fast forward through the bloodshed if it continues. The Jazz seem to be very challenged so far this season. Hopefully they will turn it around.

October is a busy time of year around here. We have a bunch of birthdays in the family, wedding anniversary, Halloween parties, fall festivals. October is my favorite time of year. The cooler weather, the leaves changing. This year has been too hot for my tastes until last weekend when we got a ton of rain followed by a snowstorm.

The snow hasn't hit too hard and I'm hoping to get up into the mountains for at least a couple more hunts. We will see what this weekend brings. Hopefully light showers. I'm praying that the snow stays light for at least a couple more weeks. Next week is the pheasant opener and I'm looking forward to that. After that the Chukar marathon begins. I better start climbing on the treadmill or that is going to be a long day. I'm also hoping to go down south and get into some desert quail. On top of all that I have an invitation from a friend to go hunt at his place in South Dakota. I don't know how I'm going to swing it. Bills, Christmas, Private school tuition are taking their toll on the bank account. But that is what it's all about. Hopefully the kids appreciate it. I will definitely get out to the midwest next year. I'm planning on getting a new hunting pup next Spring and I can't think of anything more fun than Hazel, a 6 mos old setter and me chasing pheasants and shartptails. Yee ha. Utah will have to do for now.

Comments

Popular Posts