Morning Grouse Hunt


My friend Jeff and I were able to head up into the mountains for a grouse hunt this morning. The fall colors showed up this week and the mountains are beautiful. We are so lucky to have this kind of natural beauty just 25 minutes from our doorstep. I love Utah.

The weatherman claims we are getting mountain snows next week so we need to get out and enjoy the fall leaves while we can.

The hunting was slow but my dog Hazel did find and point this one ruffed grouse. It flushed before we could get into position but we found it and got the bird to flush once more. Jeff knocked it down with a difficult downhill shot among some thick spruce trees. You can tell he was pretty happy about it. 

I didn't even fire my gun today and thats fine. Its not just about shooting birds (although it is nice to bag a few). Being in the woods this time of year and helping a friend have the opportunity is reward enough. It was another great day.

Comments

Popular Posts