December Hunting 2011


It's been a fun month for me and the dogs. I was only able to get into the Chukar hills a couple times this month. We have been hitting the Pheasant Farm pretty hard and have had some enjoyable days. Hazel has been the bomb and Chief is making progress every time we go out.

We've been patrons of the MC ranch the past couple years and we've really enjoyed it. We like the terrain and his pheasants are the best flying pen raised birds I've seen. These birds act more like wild birds than any other canned hunt place I've hunted. It's right on the Sevier River, the ranch is huge and the layout of the place is great. 

Hazel has been tearing up these farm pheasants. She is so fun to hunt with. She hunts so hard and fast. She has always been that way but this year I'm seeing a lot more control on her part. I think she has become my favorite hunting dog of all time. She never ceases to surprise me. She is 100% hunting dog. When she is on the ground your never out of the game. Love that dog.

Chief is doing awesome. He has so much drive and really gets after it for a young dog. You can almost see the wheels turning in his head and see the progress he makes with each bird contact. His range is perfect for the chukar hills but I still need to suck him in a little when we are hunting pheasants. Thats good in my opinion. When he gets older and holds his birds better I will be able to just let him go and it will be very bad for any game birds in the area. He's a real sweet dog and is becoming a really good pet. He minds good and he really just tries to please. He has so much energy and stamina. He's is still a pup so my family and I have to cut him a lot of slack but he is doing great. He is such a handsome dog. He's just fun to watch. This next year we do a little more training and I think he is going to be just awesome.


Only another month or so and this hunting season will be history. 
I need to hit it hard while we can.
Good Luck to everyone else. Stay safe and happy hunting.

Comments

Popular Posts