Cabela's Denali Hunting Boots with Fit IQ by Meindl Product Review



I am at the end of my 3rd season wearing these boots and I have been very pleased with their comfort and durability. I believe they are the perfect boot for the type of hunting and hiking that I enjoy here in the mountain west. The fit IQ system seems to work very well, I've never got a blister or a hot spot wearing these boots and thats saying a lot with all the weird angles and slopes we traverse while hunting. Mine are scratched and beat up but they still have a ton of wear left in them. The rubber guard that wraps the bottom of the boot really helps the boots durability when your hiking along the rim rocks and rocky places that we encounter chukar hunting.

I treat the leather with a combination of Obenauf's Heavy-Duty Leather Preservative and Nikwax waterproofer. It seems to do the trick and keep the boots looking relatively new. The boots are GoreTex lined and uninsulated and I like it that way. I've found a layer of quality Wool socks with a silk sock liner will keep me warm in almost any conditions. I've worn them chukar hunting when it's below freezing and worn them hiking in the summertime when its above 90 and have always been comfortable. In the cold, as long as your moving around hiking and walking, you will stay warm. I've found that a pair of gaiters is also essential gear when hunting in snow, wet or cold conditions. And I believe the gaiters help keep your feet warmer. I use a pair of Lowe Alpine that wrap around the bottom of the boot and got up to just below my knees.

If your spending most of your hunting standing around blocking fields or sitting in a blind these may not the boots for you. But for the active hunter these boots are awesome. $259 at Cabela's but if you watch they will go on sale for $229 once in a while. They are a little pricey but well worth it. Like everything else, you get what you pay for. Cabelas also has a terrific return policy if your not satisfied with your purchases.

Note: I've posted an update on these boots. 05.15.14 (yes they are still going strong).  I just saw the price of these went up to $299.99 on Cabelas website. It's been my experience that they are worth the money. They've been great boots for me that have stood the test of time. I've had them for 6 1/2 years and just got them resoled.

Check out my update:
http://uplandutah.blogspot.com/2014/05/cabelas-meindl-denali-hunting-boots.html

12/19 update: If you happen to stumble on this old thread looking for these Meindl Denali boots you probably realize by now that Cabela’s no longer carries them. Go to MeindlUSA.com. I highly recommend these boots. Link below.

Meindl Vakuum Boots

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts